- 1 cup chopped peeled Granny Smith apple
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, divided
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion, divided
- 1 teaspoon (or more) fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1 2-3-pound rotisserie chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded
- 4-6 lime wedges
- Combine apple, ¼ cup cilantro, 2 tablespoons onion, and 1 teaspoon lime juice in a small bowl; toss to coat. Set apple salsa aside.
- Combine remaining onion, bell pepper, and oil in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until completely softened, 6-7 minutes. Add garlic and next 3 ingredients; stir constantly for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer briskly, mashing some of the beans with the back of a spoon and stirring often, until sauce is thickened, 8-10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and more lime juice, if desired.
- Divide rice and beans among plates. Top with some chicken and apple salsa. Garnish with remaining ¼ cup cilantro and lime wedges.
Source: Black Beans and Rice With Chicken and Apple Salsa recipe | Epicurious.com
Kneeling for Life and Liberty Is Patriotic Next Post:
Underground Report: 5 Overlooked Projects From 2017